Here to Serve You
Golden Rule Pest Termite and Weed Control is here to serve your termite control and termite extermination needs. Whether there is a current infestation of termites, a termite swarm, or the need for preventative maintenance service to keep termite infestations from happening year-round, we're here to help.
Termite protection plans are available and designed to prevent termites in any structure.
Give us a call for a termite inspection and to discuss the best options for termite extermination and control: 817-771-3864
Pre-Construction Termite Control
With our pre-construction termite prevention and control system, your new home is protected in several ways. Before the slab is poured, the soil of the home site is treated with a termiticide. This is proactive protection against subterranean termites. When the home's wood framing is up, the wood is sprayed with liquid termite control and wood preservative. The spray contains a termiticide and a wood penetrant. The wood penetrant takes the termiticide into the wood grain of the structure's framing. When a termite eats the treated wood, the termite dies.
Termites are small, soft-bodied, social insects that eat wood. Termites cause over $250 million in damage annually in the United States alone. Termites primarily feed on dead plant material, generally in the form of wood or plant matter. They can also eat through paper, cardboard, and cellulose-based construction materials. These insects live in large colonies that may have several thousand members at any given time. Termites cause severe structural damage to buildings by eating away at the wood that makes up their structure. The most common type of termites in our area are subterranean termites.
Termite Signs & Identification
Indications you may have a termite infestation:
- A swarm of winged insects in your home or from the soil around your home.
- Any cracked or bubbling paint or wallpaper.
- Interior or Exterior wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Mud tubes on exterior walls, wooden beams, or in crawl spaces.
- Wings that have been discarded from swarmers.
To make your home a less attractive target for termites:
- Remove any woodpiles.
- Check the wood in and around your house.
- Repair leaks where water is entering the home.
- Divert water from around your house.
- Remove excess ground cover and mulch from being against exterior walls.
pictured above: Mud termite tubes in crawl space